It may be (depending on configuration) that some Speechi buttons remain within PowerPoint (though they are completely passive). In that case, you should do the following (from PowerPoint):
1. Right-click on any toolbar (or menu bar) and select “Customize…” in context menu. The “Customize” dialog will appear
2. Drag “Speechi” top menu item to this dialog window. The Speechi menu disappears
3. Go to “Toolbars” tab, select “Speechi” toolbar in the list and click the “Delete” button – Speechi toolbar disappears
To start with Speechi once you have installed the plug-in:
1) Open an existing presentation with PowerPoint
2) A new “Speechi” menu has been added inside PowerPoint. Go to Speechi -> Studio Mode or Conference Mode.
3) A Speechi “Recorder” bar has been added. Click on the “Microphone” icon. Check that your microphone is working.
4) Click on the “Record” button.
5) Speak, then click on the “Stop” button.
6) Click on the “Browser” icon in Speechi toolbar to listen.
Installing SP2 sometimes disable Speechi. To activate, go to PowerPoint “Help” menu and select “About Microsoft PowerPoint”. Click on the button “Disabled Items” and activate Speechi.
To create an online presentation, you just need a PC with Windows 2000 or XP, with PowerPoint 2000, Millenium or XP.
Any user with a PC, MAC, LINUX or Unix operating system and a browser (Explorer, Netscape, Opera…) can view a Speechi presentation over the Internet as long as the Flash MX plug-in is installed. This plug-in is free and can be downloaded from www.adobe.com.
Speechi does not work under Windows 98. It works on most NT configurations, provided that you have installed Internet Explorer 6 on your computer. Working with Speechi on NT is at your own risk (we don’t provide support for this platform). If you want to test this, just download our demo installer: if it works, there is no reason why the license version should not.